Tuesday 18 September 2007

I got me a

Fearless Heart!!

and isn't it just fantastically luscious!! It is a one of a kind, lampword pendant by the fabulous Kim Miles. I've been admiring her work for an age but could never manage to get the timings right and missed out on buying them from her website. However a few weeks back Kim opened her shop on Etsy and this was the first bead she put up there. It is indeed called Fearless Heart, and if you look carefully at the gap in the red you'll see some fine handtwisted silver barbed wire and some floating CZ's. Kim said it made her think of the Leonard Cohen song where he talks about the breaks in your heart being where the light gets in - I just loved that sentiment plus one of my favourite songs is Fearless Heart by Steve Earle. I think it very much sums me up, not soooo much the falling in love a lot .......... and for those of you who think I'm irrepressible I can honestly say I've only truely been in love three times. Anything else was just lust!!! and on that note my lovelies I'm off to La Boudoir!

Fearless Heart(Steve Earle)

Don't you worry bout what you've been told cause honey I ain't even close to cold

It's kinda soon to fall in love again but sometimes the best that you can do is just jump back in

I got me a fearless heart strong enough to get you through the scary part

It's been broken many times before a fearless heart just comes back for more

Folks'll tell you that I'm just no good but I wouldn't hurt you honey if I could

I can't promise this'll work out right but it would kill me darlin' if we didn't even try

I admit I fall in love a lot I nearly always give it my best shot

I know you must think I'm the reckless kind but I want a lady with a fearless heart just like mine


2 comments:

  1. ooh Mandy what a gorgeous heart, i love it, and im a big etsy fan too, must check her shop out xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one gorgeous bead hun 8-) Axx

    ReplyDelete